HOW DID YOU HEAR ABOUT MOCHAMOVES?

Thursday, September 6, 2007

ONE THE SCENE- FASHION WEEK


Hey guys welcome back. I hope you enjoyed the long Labor Day weekend. You know I was on the scene at the parade, and I hung out with a lot of cool people. I will post the entry up about the parade a little later in the week. With that said lets get into today's entry. As we all know New York Mercedes Benz Fashion Week 08' has begun. I used to really be into the fashion shows a few years back but now I honestly can't keep up with those events. I go when I can , or if I think an event is actually going to be a good time for me or something fun to write about.
But yesterday I decided to go to The Second Annual Fashion Extravaganza by I Style Starz Entertainment. The show was hosted by Nik from America's Next Top Model Cycle Five and Miguel Perdomo the new face of Sean John. The show was actually a fund raiser to benefit HIV and AIDS awareness. One of its sponsors were BET's Rap It Up Campaign. The show was cool my favorite section was by Kasuele Furs. The host Miguel Perdomo was really good looking but very hood..lol..and Nik was very bubbly..I saw her getting her hair and makeup done, I wanted to take a pic, but I knew it would not be a good look for her..lol..The show started off very classy by honoring an AIDS Activist Michael Patrick Saunders he is a Gay man that has been living with HIV for almost 24 yrs..WOW! and he looked great and very healthy. But it did get a little hood ..lol..during an intermission they asked people to show their model walk and Dara from Charm School, got up and did her thing ..lol.Alisha Renae(The Five on Bet host) was also there, but she left a few minutes before the show started. Well enjoy some pics from the show and don't forget to comment.
NIK & MIGUEL HOSTING THE FASHION SHOW

DARA FROM CHARM SCHOOL- DOING HER MODEL WALK

MODEL WEARING KASUELE FURS

OH YEAH I WAS THERE TOO!


Thanks for checking me out.
While reading all of the other cool blogs out there I realized that I was really in the place to be, because they had pics of this event up today ..lol. But you know as always, I am always really on the scene to give you the scoop. And remember I take these pics myself so bare with me on quality ..lol

FOR more info on events like this check out:
www.istylestarzentertainment.com

Special thank you to Fat & Horney my Booking Agent..lol

1 comment:

Look @ Lonny said...

Oh I got a shout out...I feel so special!! Real talk...I'm all for positive black people on their grind. Keep up the good work Mocha!!